To help diagnose issues pertaining to SecureAPlus on your computer, below are instructions on how prepare the Log Files for sending to the SecureAPlus Support Team.
Preparing the Log Files
Launch SecureAPlus > Info & Licenses > Diagnosis > Open Log Locations > 2 log folders will be opened in Windows Explorer
Alternative, you can manually access the logs in the following locations
For Windows Vista and above:
i) C:\ProgramData\SecureAge Technology\SecureAge\log
ii) C:\Users\<Windows_Login>\AppData\Roaming\SecureAge Technology\SecureAge\log
For Windows XP:
i) C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SecureAge Technology\SecureAge\log
ii) C:\Documents and Settings\<Windows_Login>\Application Data\SecureAge Technology\SecureAge\log
Follow the steps below to use Windows built-in Compressed (zipped) feature to compress files.
- Right-click on the log folder found in C:\ProgramData\SecureAge Technology\SecureAge (For Windows Vista and above) or C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SecureAge Technology\SecureAge (For Windows XP)
- Select Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder.
- The zipped file will be created within the same location, rename the newly created zipped file as “log“.
- Do the same steps mentioned above for log folder found in C:\Users\<Windows_Login>\AppData\Roaming\SecureAge Technology\SecureAge or C:\Documents and Settings\<Windows_Login>\Application Data\SecureAge Technology\SecureAge
- Rename the newly created zipped file as “log2“
Alternative, you can use .ZIP, .RAR, or .7-Zip archive/container to compress the log folder.
Submit the Log Files to the SecureAPlus Support Team
Attach the 2 compressed files (log.zip & log2.zip) to an email and send it to the following email address:
Use “Report SecureAPlus Issues” as the email subject line and include as much of the following details as possible:
- Windows Operating System Version
- SecureAPlus Version
- Name of Other Antivirus Software and the Version, if any
- Description of Issues Encountered
Reporting of SecureAPlus Issues will take some time before results/fixes may be implemented. It is advised to provide as much information as possible to help properly diagnose the issues.
If the compressed files exceed the email attachment file size limit, you may use the following service: pCloud Transfer
This post is also available in: Japanese