Certain file types can be specified under the list of extensions in order for it to be included for real-time scanning.
By default the Antivirus client always includes the following extensions for real-time scanning:
New program files, .pdf, .docx, .doc, .xlsx, .xls, .pptx, .ppt
And all the executable files regardless of its file extension are also included.
Please do note that with Universal AV installed and enabled, only new executable files will be scanned. Those executable files that have already been trusted and run will not go through the real-time scanning anymore. As continuous scanning is being done by the Universal AV server, there is no need to scan the same executable files on the local machine. Therefore with Universal AV, the speed will be improved tremendously.
Follow these instructions to have certain files specified included for scanning:
Add file types to be included
- Launch SecureAPlus and click on App Settings. In the App Settings menu, click on Scan Settings > Inclusions Tab
- Enter the file extensions and click on the Add button.
- The newly added file extensions will be added to the list of extensions and will be included during real-time scanning.
Remove file types to be included
- Under the list of extensions, checked the extension to be removed and click on the Remove button.
- The selected file extension will be removed from the list of extensions and will be excluded from real-time scanning.
This post is also available in: Japanese