To associate file script extension types to script interpreter,
- Launch SecureAPlus > App Settings
- In the App Settings menu, click on Application Whitelisting > Advanced Settings
- In the Script tab, you can choose to associate script file extension types to script interpreter.
In application whitelisting, executing a script requires both the script interpreter (which executes the script) and the script file itself to be trusted. The script interpreter will refuse to open any non-trusted file.
If the script has a higher trust level than the script interpreter, the script interpreter trust level will match its trust level to the trust level of the script file. On the other hand, if the script has a lower trust level than the script interpreter, the script interpreter will be running at its own trust level.
Follow these instructions below to add, edit and remove your script interpreter:
Add Script Interpreter
- Click the Add button.
- In Add Script window, click on Browse to select the script interpreter executable file.
- Enter the File extensions to be executed by the script interpreter selected above.
- For multiple script file extensions, type a pipe ‘|’ to separate the two script file extensions.
- To include all types of script file extensions, type ‘*’.
- Click Add once you are done with the above steps, otherwise, you can click Cancel to exit the Add Script window.
- The newly added script interpreter will be added to the list.
Edit Script Interpreter
- Select a script interpreter from the list and double click on it till you see a text box. Make necessary changes and hit the Enter key.
Remove Script Interpreter
- Check on the script interpreter from the list that you want to remove, click the Remove button.
This post is also available in: Japanese