Both SecureAPlus Essentials and Pro Users can enable device location tracking from their SecureAPlus Account. This allows users to see the last known location of the device with SecureAPlus Pro via the connection made with the SecureAPlus servers.
To enable the feature, please do the following steps:
1. Log in to your SecureAPlus Account.
2. If this is your first time enabling this feature, go to your Account Settings first and click on the Location Tracking Feature toggle to turn it on.
3. Go to the My Devices page and click on Enable Find Device on the PC you wish to track. This can be done to multiple devices with SecureAPlus Pro. For best results, the device being tracked may need to be rebooted.
With location tracking enabled, you can view the current Country where the device is in and the IP Address used to connect to the internet.
Location tracking only works when the device is connected to the internet. The location of the tracked device is sent to the servers on the following instances:
- After booting up or restarting your PC. Waking a computer from sleep or hibernate is not included.
- After 24 hours of continuous use.
- Whenever the SecureAPlus software is opened.
For security purposes, the Location Tracking Feature can only be turned on/off from the SecureAPlus Account Portal, and not through the client itself.
This post is also available in: Japanese